Thursday 24 September 2015

Three Prompt Thursday

A great photo prompt today, with some amazing photos for inspiration.  Here are my three micro stories.  Absolutely no connection between them, I think.  I've used the photo title for my title, although I could possibly have come up with more intriguing titles.

A woman waits for a train



I’ve been waiting here for twenty minutes, that young man said it would be here in a minute.  Harold will be wondering where I am.  Perhaps, I should have told him I was going out.  Is this the right platform?  Why are there no more passengers?  My feet are killing me.  It’s not late, where is everybody?  Have I got time to go the toilet?  Where is the toilet?  Maybe I shouldn’t have had that third glass of sherry.  I think Richard was trying to get me tipsy.  I think he wanted to have his way with me.

Inexpensive Retirement Hotels



Are you looking for a summer vacation?
Friendly staff and home cooked meals.
Over sixty five?
On a budget?
The New Bolivar Hotel is just the place for you.
Free laundry facilities; cook your own meals options.
Watch the world go by, relax, put your feet up.
Meet interesting people; spend your days reminiscing with your new friends.
Card games every Friday.
Yes sir, the New Bolivar Hotel is the place for you!

Polka Dancers at the Gibbon Ballroom



‘Helmut!  You’ve just stood on my toes again!’
‘Sorry Petra, it’s my new dancing shoes’
‘No, it’s your feet!’
‘Petra darling, these shoes are too big.’
‘So why did you buy them?’
‘They were a bargain.’
‘You are an oaf Helmut.’
‘But you know I love you, Petra.’
‘No you don’t.  You couldn’t find anyone else to come to the dance with you.’
‘That’s not true my angel.’
‘Don’t try to sweet talk me.’
‘Do you want a drink sweetheart?’

‘No I’ll keep dancing, I know your sort!’

4 comments:

  1. You definitely bring these characters to rich life, with clear voices. I especially like Harold and Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely bring these characters to rich life, with clear voices. I especially like Harold and Petra.

    ReplyDelete